Pershing Square Sohn Cancer Research Alliance Attends the 5th Annual Galien Forum
The Pershing Square Sohn Cancer Research Alliance recently sponsored a panel entitled, “Pioneers for a Cure: the Role of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Cancer Research” at the 5th Annual Galien Forum.Chaired by Prize Advisory Board member Marc Tessier-Lavigne, PhD and moderated by “CBS This Morning” medical contributor, Tara Narula, MD, FACC, panelists included Olivia Flatto, PhD and 2014 Prize Winners, Emily Bernstein, MD; Adolfo Ferrando, MD, PhD; and Sihong Wang, MD.
With a focus on innovation in cancer research in New York City, panelists discussed the momentum behind cancer research in the city, while sharing their own personal experiences in the field and weighing in on developments we might see in the future. The conversation explored ways the academic and industry communities are coming together more to collaborate and share information, as medical breakthroughs continue to evolve traditional boundaries.
Watch the panel discussion below.
• Dr. Tara Narula, M.D., FACC, Medical Contributor for “CBS This Morning”; Assistant Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine for Hofstra University NSLIJ School of Medicine; and Associate Director of the Cardiac Care Unit at Lenox Hill Hospital/NSLIJ in Manhattan.
• Emily Bernstein, PhD, Prize Winner and Associate Professor of Oncological Sciences and Dermatology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai;
• Adolfo Ferrando, MD, PhD, Prize Winner and Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Pathology, Institute for Cancer Genetics, Columbia University Medical Center;
• Sihong Wang, PhD, Prize Winner and Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering, City University of New York – City College;
• Olivia Tournay Flatto, PhD, Executive Director of the Pershing Square Sohn Cancer Research Alliance.
5th Annual Galien Forum Photo Gallery
8th Annual Prix Galien USA Awards Ceremony Photo Gallery